DCH – Methane Concentration Sensor with Digital Data Transmission
DCH is used for continuous monitoring of methane concentration in the air by means of two independent elements: a pellistor gas detector 0-5% CH4 and a thermoresistive bridge 5-100% CH4, switched automatically. The sensor head can be located on the housing or on a cable up to 30m.The air inlet to the sensor head is protected by a replaceable filter.
The methane monitor is powered from the ground station via a telephone line. Optionally, the monitor is equipped with a battery which allows the device to continue functioning when the power supply from the line is cut off. Data transmission is carried out over the power line. It is possible to connect up to two devices on one line.
The device has two galvanically isolated digital outputs for automatic signaling of dangerous methane concentration in the air. Concentration levels can be manually set by the operator and sent to the DCD monitor .The device has a LED on top of the housing, which lights up when the concentration level exceeds the set level. The entire unit is enclosed in a waterproof, rugged housing.
Features of the device:
- Continuous monitoring of methane concentration in the air (range : 0-100%)\
- High accuracy of measurements
- Fast response time
- Two digital signal outputs/power source cutoff
- Two signal inputs to confirm power cut-off
- Data transmission over power line
- Up to two units on a single line
- Battery backup power supply (optional)
- Measurement range: 0 – 100%CH4
- Measurement error: 0.1% CH4 in the range 0 - 2% CH4
5% indication in the range 2 - 5% CH4
- T90 response time: <6s
- Maximum resistance of the telephone line: 700 Ω
- Transmission standard: V23 FSK
- Operating temperature range: -10°C do +40°C
- Humidity range: 0-95% RH
- Dimensions: 123x180x58 mm
- Waga:Weight: 3,5 kg