DCO – Carbon Monoxide Sensor With Digital Data Transmission
The DCO sensor is designed for continuous measurement of carbon monoxide concentration in the air. The measuring head is equipped with an electrochemical sensor and can be placed directly on the monitor housing or connected via a cable up to 30m long. The inlet of the measuring head is protected by a replaceable filter.
The DCO sensor is powered from the surface station via a standard telephone line. In the event of a power line failure, the device can continue operation thanks to a built-in battery (optional).
Data from/to the monitor is transmitted via the same line. It is possible to connect four DCO sensors to one line. The device has two galvanically isolated digital outputs for automatic signaling of dangerous concentration of carbon monoxide in the air. Alarm thresholds are set by the system operator and sent to the DCO monitor.
The upper part of the enclosure contains an optical signaling device to indicate that the alarm thresholds have been exceeded. The entire unit is enclosed in a waterproof, rugged housing.
Features of the device:
- Continuous measurement of carbon monoxide content in the air
- High accuracy of measurements
- Two two-state outputs
- Two two-state inputs
- Data transmission via power line
- Up to four sensors on one line
- Measurement range: 0-1000ppm CO
- Measurement error: 3ppm CO in the 0-200ppm range
10ppm CO in the 200-1000ppm range
- T90 response time: <45 s
- Maximum resistance of the telephone line: 700 Ω
- Transmission standard: V23 FSK Modem
- Operating temperature range: -10°C to +40°C
- Humidity range: 0-95% RH
- Dimensions: 123x180x58 mm
- Waga: 3.5 kg