Intrinsically Safe Carbon Monoxide Concentration Sensor i.CO
The intrinsically safe i.CO Carbon Monoxide Concentration Sensor is a device designed to measure the concentration of carbon monoxide in the atmosphere in the range of 0 – 1000 ppm in industrial facilities with specific threats of methane and/or coal dust explosion and specific environmental conditions, i.e. high ambient temperature, high humidity, and high dustiness.
The device is made an intrinsically safe ia standard, has an extended operating temperature range (-20°C ÷ + 50°C), and an increased degree of protection against penetration of external agents (IP65).
The intrinsically safe Carbon Monoxide Concentration Sensor i.CO is part of a measurement unit consisting of intrinsically safe sensors of selected physical quantities of CPA and Modem Transmission Converter KTM-1 in its basic configuration.
Concentration sensors for selected hazardous and explosive gases: methane, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide, and oxygen, as well as humidity and air temperature sensor, are dedicated to industrial facilities, including underground mining plants, characterized by the threat of metal and/or coal dust explosion and specific environmental conditions. The KTM-1 converter makes it possible to power the sensors and transmit data over long distances using an analog line.
The proposed measuring unit has a number of additional advantages over other solutions available on the market:
- high selectivity of sensors, low sensitivity to poisoning, short response time,
- ability to read out measurement results from all sensors in a short time (minimum 1s),
- low energy consumption,
- possibility to attach/detach sensors during system operation,
- any combination of measurement sensors,
- remote power supply and transmission (up to 10km) using a modem,
- information about the current operating status of the devices signaled by LEDs,
- small dimensions and weight.
- Measurement range: 0 - 1000 ppm
- Dimensions: 180 x 120 x 85 mm
- Power supply: 12V DC, 10mA
- Operating temperature range: - 20°C ÷ + 50°C
- Relative humidity range: 0 ÷ 95% (non-condensing)
- Explosion-proof construction feature: I M1 Ex ia I Ma
- Weight: 1.3 kg
- Degree of construction protection: IP 65
- Transmission standard: RS485
- Operational status signaling: 2 LED diodes