Intrinsically Safe Hydrogen Sulfide Concentration Sensor i.H2S
The i.H2S Intrinsically Safe Hydrogen Sulfide Concentration Sensor is a device designed to measure the concentration of hydrogen sulfide in the atmosphere in the range of 0 – 200 ppm in industrial facilities with specific methane and/or coal dust explosion hazards and specific environmental conditions, i.e. high ambient temperature, high humidity, and high dust.
The device is made in intrinsically safe standard ia, has an extended operating temperature range (-20°C ÷ + 50°C), and an increased degree of protection against penetration of external agents (IP65).
The intrinsically safe i.H2S Hydrogen Sulfide Concentration Sensor is part of a measurement unit consisting in its basic configuration of intrinsically safe sensors of selected physical quantities CPA and KTM-1 Modem Transmission Converter.
Concentration sensors of selected hazardous and explosive gases: methane, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide, and oxygen, as well as humidity and air temperature sensor are dedicated to industrial facilities, including underground mining plants, characterized by the threat of metal and/or coal dust explosion and specific environmental conditions. The KTM-1 converter makes it possible to power the sensors and transmit data over long distances using an analog line.
The proposed measuring unit has a number of additional advantages over other solutions available on the market:
- high selectivity of sensors, low sensitivity to poisoning, short response time,
- ability to read out measurement results from all sensors in a short time (minimum 1s),
- low energy consumption,
- possibility to attach/detach sensors during system operation,
- any combination of measurement sensors,
- remote power supply and transmission (up to 10km) using a modem,
- information about the current operating status of the devices signaled by LEDs,
- small dimensions and weight.
- Measurement range: 0 - 200 ppm
- Dimensions: 180 x 120 x 85 mm
- Power supply: 12V DC, 10mA
- Operating temperature range: - 20°C ÷ + 50°C
- Relative humidity range: 0 ÷ 95% (non-condensing)
- Explosion-proof construction feature: I M1 Ex ia I Ma
- Weight: 1.3 kg
- Degree of construction protection: IP 65
- Transmission standard: RS485
- Operational status signaling: 2 LED diode