Intrinsically Safe Temperature and Humidity Sensor i.TH
The i.TH Intrinsically Safe Temperature and Humidity Sensor is a device designed to measure temperature in the range of -20°C ÷ + 40°C and humidity in the range of 0 ÷ 95% (non-condensing) in industrial facilities with specific methane and/or coal dust explosion hazards and specific environmental conditions, i.e. high ambient temperature, high humidity and high dust.
The device is made in intrinsically safe standard ia, has an extended operating temperature range (-20°C ÷ + 50°C), and an increased degree of protection against penetration of external agents (IP65).
The Intrinsically Safe Temperature and Humidity Sensor is part of a measuring unit consisting in its basic configuration of intrinsically safe sensors of selected physical quantities CPA and Modem Transmission Converter KTM-1.
Concentration sensors for selected hazardous and explosive gases: methane, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide, and oxygen, as well as humidity and air temperature sensor, are dedicated to industrial facilities, including underground mining plants, characterized by the threat of metal and/or coal dust explosion and specific environmental conditions. The KTM-1 converter makes it possible to power the sensors and transmit data over long distances using an analog line.
The proposed measuring unit has a number of additional advantages over other solutions available on the market:
- high selectivity of sensors, low sensitivity to poisoning, short response time,
- ability to read out measurement results from all sensors in a short time (minimum 1s),
- low energy consumption,
- possibility to attach/detach sensors during system operation,
- any combination of measurement sensors,
- remote power supply and transmission (up to 10km) using a modem,
- information about the current operating status of the devices signaled by LEDs,
- small dimensions and weight.
- Measuring range Temperature: - 20°C ÷ + 40°C
- Measuring range Humidity: 0 ÷ 95% (non-condensing)
- Dimensions: 180 x 120 x 85 mm
- Power supply: 12V DC, 10mA
- Operating temperature range: - 20°C ÷ + 50°C
- Relative humidity range: 0 ÷ 95% (non-condensing)
- Weight: 1.3 kg
- Degree of construction protection: IP 65
- Explosion-proof construction feature: I M1 Ex ia I Ma
- Transmission standard: RS485
- Operational status signaling: 2 LEDs