Portable Microprocessor Methane Meter PMM-1
The PMM-1 Portable Microprocessor Methane Meter is an intrinsically safe instrument designed to monitor methane concentrations in mine atmospheres, which can be used in methane and coal dust hazardous areas.
The PMM-1 methane meter uses a dual-band detector that allows measurements in the 0-100% CH4 concentration range. Measurement results can be stored in the device’s internal memory. The measurement chamber is permanently attached to the methane meter housing.
The PMM-1 methane meter uses rechargeable batteries, which provide at least 11 h of operation of the device during continuous measurements.
The PMM-1 Methane Meter is charged only with the use of the included docking station, in non-explosive rooms. The docking station also allows communication with the device via a USB interface for time synchronization with a PC, calibration, reading the contents of the EEPROM, or storing new alarm thresholds.
An optional accessory for the PMM-1 methane meter includes a hand pump.
- Power supply: from a built-in rechargeable battery
- Power supply autonomy: min 11h on full battery charge
- Charging time: 16h
- Indication of the measurement result: LCD display 3.5 digits
- Indication of operating states: LCD display, LEDs, beeper
- Type of measurement: continuous in the range 0 ÷ 100% CH4 MODBUS RTU standard
- Measuring transducer: pellistor for 0 ÷ 5% CH4
thermoconductivity for 5 ÷ 100% CH4
- Circulation of test air: by diffusion
- Operating temperature range: -20°C ÷ + 40°C
- Relative humidity range: 0 ÷ 95% (non-condensing)
- Dimensions: 122 x 70 x 40 mm
- Weight: approx. 0.2 kg
- Degree of protection of the housing: IP 54
- Explosion-proof housing feature: I M1 Ex ia I Ma