Portable Microprocessor Methane Meter PMM-3
The PMM-3 Portable Microprocessor Methane Meter is an intrinsically safe instrument designed to monitor methane concentrations, which can be used in methane and coal dust hazardous areas.
The PMM-3 methane meter uses a single-band infrared sensor capable of measuring and recording concentrations in the range of 0-5% or 0-100% CH4. The infrared sensor is an integral part of the device and is permanently attached to the methane meter housing. The sensor’s measurements are stored in the built-in EEPROM and can also be read on PCs using the included software.
The PMM-3 methane meter uses rechargeable batteries that provide continuous operation of up to 60h.
The PMM-3 Methane Meter is charged only with the use of the included docking station with RS-485/Ethernet or USB interface, in non-explosive rooms. The station also allows communication with the device for time synchronization with a PC, calibration, reading the contents of the EEPROM or storing new alarm thresholds. The PMM-3 methane meter is distinguished by its short charging time of 5h.
The PMM-3 methane meter is characterized by the possibility of any customization of the device’s software functionality. The optional equipment of the PMM-3 Methanometer includes a hand pump.
The PMM-3 Portable Microprocess Methane Meter is characterized by a high degree of protection of the housing of IP 67.
Portable Methane Meter Management System:
It is a comprehensive system for visualizing the information provided by methane meters, making it possible to:
- reading the serial number of the methane meter and the year of manufacture
- changing the functional software of the methane meter
- reading of the state of charge of the built-in battery
- calibration of methane meters
- changing the current alarm thresholds
- changing the default operation mode
- reading of the methane meter memory contents and visualization in the form of charts
- registered concentrations during the device operation
- creating new users with specific privileges
- reading of charging status
- diagnostics and service functions
- Power supply from a built-in rechargeable battery
- Power supply autonomy: Up to 60 h on a full battery charge
- Charging time: 5h
- Indication of operating states: OLED display, LEDs, beeper
- Communication interface: RS485 (half duplex), 9600 8-N-1
Standard MODBUS RTU
- Type of measurement: continuous in the range 0 ÷ 5% or 0 ÷ 100% CH4
- Measuring transducer: IR
- Operating temperature range: -20°C ÷ + 40°C
- Relative humidity range: 0 ÷ 98% (non-condensing)
- Dimensions: Okay. 122 x 70 x 40 mm
- Weight: approx. 0.2 kg
- Degree of protection of the housing: IP 67
- Explosion-proof housing feature: I M1 Ex ia I Ma