The integrated safety system of the SMP-NT/S type provides a comprehensive solution to the problem of visualization and monitoring of technological processes, crew records and control of natural hazards, as well as alarming about critical conditions, in accordance with the requirements of current regulations.
The scope of applications of the SMP-NT/S system in mining plants includes:
- Continuous measurement and monitoring of:
- methane concentration in workings and pipelines of the de-methanation network, as well as the realization of fast automatic methanometric safeguards
- selected air parameters for early detection of underground fires
- physical parameters and air composition for ongoing analysis of the state of ventilation and preventive measures.
- condition of ventilation equipment (dams, main and auxiliary fans) and process line equipment and machinery
- climatic conditions in underground mine workings and the condition of air-conditioning equipment.
- Remote control of equipment and machinery.
- Cooperation of systems by transmitting warning and alarm signals automatically.
- Synchronization of time in individual safety, communication and alarm systems.
- Cooperation with the PORTAS personnel and equipment location system.
- SMP-NT/S system and applicable security regulations.
The structure of the SMP-NT/S system and its functions meet the basic requirements of the current regulations for communication, safety, and alarm systems, the use of which in mining plants requires the issuance of authorization due to the need to ensure the safety of their use in the conditions of hazards occurring in the operation of mining plants.
The SMP-NT/S system makes it possible to perform the tasks required by the regulations, in particular:
- visualization of data at the dispatching point
- archiving and reporting of measurement data and events
- control of underground power supply and signaling equipment
The SMP-NT/S system also enables:
- realization of automatic notification of crews working in the endangered area – by generating alarm signals through signaling devices controlled by outputs of the system’s field devices and/or through alarm and notification systems integrated at the level of the surface IT network
- integration at the level of the surface information network with geophysical systems to enable the implementation of automatic pre-emptive shutdowns of electricity in areas where a shock of energy likely to cause a rapid outflow of methane has occurred
- cooperation (downloading and/or transferring data through the surface IT network) with other acquisition and visualization systems operating in mining plants
The SMP-NT/S type integrated security system is a modular system, which allows to the creation of configurations according to the size of the monitored object and the system functions expected by the user.
The SMP-NT/S system can include the following modules:
- ST telemetry system
- PORTAS wireless personnel and equipment localization system
- THOR dispatch system
- SSC-2 time synchronization server
- BOTS network transmission service block and MAW Cooperation Module
The surface part of the SMP-NT/S system consists of the station equipment of the individual modules, i.e. telemetry control panels of the CMC-3MS, CMC-4, and CMC-5 types of ST telemetry system, SSC-2 Time Synchronization Server, BOTS block, MAW module and computers with applications and software of the systems included in the SMP-NT/S, as well as IT infrastructure in a configuration adapted to the needs of the user.
The downhole part includes field (downhole) devices connected to the line circuits of station equipment, continuous analog sensors connected to the analog inputs of field devices, sensors, and devices equipped with intrinsically safe two-state outputs of the voltage-free contact type, connected to the two-state inputs of field devices.
The sensors, communication devices, transponders, and signaling devices (banners) used in the system allow 24/7 control of environmental and security parameters.